Saturday, March 17, 2012

(Mis)adventures on a bicycle

Yesterday I fell off my bike for the first time.


Whilst the experience was painful, slightly degrading, humiliating, drunken and unintentional, I think it was also one that was overdue for a student who has been living in the Netherlands for roughly six weeks now. I can add it to my list of things done on a bike. While this list is lacking the more exciting things like handstands or sex, it is nevertheless growing at a reasonably fast rate as I get more and more into the Dutch culture.


Which, when it comes to bikes, is AWESOME.


Nawww, they're holding hands!!


Things done on a bike (not an exhaustive list):

  • texting
  • changing music on m'ipod.
  • drinking coffee
  • spilling coffee
  • talking on the phone
  • carrying shopping bags (so. heavy.)
  • riding handless (a lot harder with a bike that is falling apart and lacks any sort of wheel alignment WHATSOEVER)
  • passing stuff to a companion on another bike
  • almost got hit by a moving car
  • almost got hit by a motorbike
  • almost got hit by a pedestrian
  • hit a parked car
  • hit another person on a bicycle
I wonder what will be next...

1 comment:

  1. Sixthreezero Cruisers our mark has always been to make fashaion-forward cruiser bicycles that are comfortable and durable, but dont's cost an arm and a leg.


    cruiser bikes

    ReplyDelete